Though I am working in Open Souce Technologies for last 7-8 years, Development with Liferay Protal is relatively new to us.
What we see from our little experience in Liferay, (working with version 6.1), it is a portal development framework with Web Content Management – Content Management System and also having a framework to develop and extend any complex web application within Portlet based environment. Currently it is supporting JSR-286 specification of Portlet.
Useful default features of Liferay with portlets are as follows -
A> Web Content Mangaement
B> Creation of Discussion Boards and Liferoay forums
D> Document Publising Workflow
E> Shared Calendars and defining events
F> Liferay social office integration
We will share our thoughts of development with different sections of Liferay Portal with workable examples in different posts.
The sections will cover -
- Setting Working Environment in Liferay with Eclipse IDE and Tomcat
- Liferay MVC Portlet
- Lifray Theme Development
- Liferay Layout Development
- Liferay Service Builder
- Hook in Liferay
- Liferay Inter Portlet Communication
- Ajax in Liferay
- Liferay Portlet Session
- Styling Portlets in Liferay
- Adding Page in Liferay
- Responsive Design in Liferay
- How to Add Custom CSS in Liferay
- Content Generation using Structured template
- Liferay and Highchart
- Some Liferay Typical Problems that I have faced and how we have overcome through it
- Getting access to menu from portlet in Liferay
- Quartz Scheduler in Liferay
- Liferay useful tables, where we can find most of the information of liferay data repository anatomy
- Add photo gallery in liferay
See above for our different posts.
Also you can make wishlist in comment section about any different topic in liferay which is important.
Update : We have updated parts of the series for Liferay 6.1 Portal, also we are planning to update others. So keep reading and comment on wishlist of topics.
Sign Up to read the rest of the content
Email will be used only for updates of our site