Though I am working in Open Souce Technologies for last 7-8 years, Development with Liferay Protal is relatively new to us.
What we see from our little experience in Liferay, (working with version 6.1), it is a portal development framework with Web Content Management – Content Management System and also having a framework to develop and extend any complex web application within Portlet based environment. Currently it is supporting JSR-286 specification of Portlet.
Useful default features of Liferay with portlets are as follows -
A> Web Content Mangaement
B> Creation of Discussion Boards and Liferoay forums
D> Document Publising Workflow
E> Shared Calendars and defining events
F> Liferay social office integration
We will share our thoughts of development with different sections of Liferay Portal with workable examples in different posts.
The sections will cover -
- Setting Working Environment in Liferay with Eclipse IDE and Tomcat
- Liferay MVC Portlet
- Lifray Theme Development
- Liferay Layout Development
- Liferay Service Builder
- Hook in Liferay
- Liferay Inter Portlet Communication
- Ajax in Liferay
- Liferay Portlet Session
- Styling Portlets in Liferay
- Adding Page in Liferay
- Responsive Design in Liferay
- How to Add Custom CSS in Liferay
- Content Generation using Structured template
- Liferay and Highchart
- Some Liferay Typical Problems that I have faced and how we have overcome through it
- Getting access to menu from portlet in Liferay
- Quartz Scheduler in Liferay
- Liferay useful tables, where we can find most of the information of liferay data repository anatomy
- Add photo gallery in liferay
See above for our different posts.
Also you can make wishlist in comment section about any different topic in liferay which is important.
Update : We have updated parts of the series for Liferay 6.1 Portal, also we are planning to update others. So keep reading and comment on wishlist of topics.